Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mischief Managed

The crest of Hogwarts shows each house's masco...

Yes, that's right, I already saw the new Harry Potter! I went to the midnight premiere with a couple of my friends. :) We got there at ten for the midnight show...that's what the ticket person told us to do, apparently. Well, anyways, it was worth it!! These movies are soooo good! I heard the next two will be 2010 and 2011, there's two because the last book was so long that they had to split it into two parts. According to an interview with Emma Watson I saw, they're already done filming the first half and working on the second half.
Let me tell you, these movies are spectacular. The effects! Brilliant. The whole setting of Hogwarts and pretty much everywhere else they go, breathtakingly gorgeous. But, oh my gosh, I swear, everyone came out of there with tears in their eyes. I won't give too many details, so I don't spoil it for anyone, but ooooh, the last scene, it's so pretty!

I haven't read the books in two or three years, but I did reread the Half Blood Prince in November, when the movie was still scheduled to come out in December. However, for me, all the books sort of blend together, so I can never pick out specific incidents that didn't make it into the movie. I always feel like "oh, maybe that was in a different book," or "maybe that already happened in another movie." This is probably due to the fact that I saw the first four or five movies before I read the books. ( :O ! I know! How could I?! - I thought I was being very rebellious or something; everyone else was reading them, so I wouldn't!) Although, that has made the movies equal to or at parts better than the books for me, because all the characters in my head when I read, have always been the actors in the movies. I like that.

Anyways, the point of talking about Harry Potter at all was to say, I saw this girl with a very cute shirt which I must make for myself. It was just a plain white v-neck, and on the front it said "I solemnly swear I'm up to no good" in this really neat, Harry Potter-esqe writing (it makes sense to me...) and on the back it said "Mischief managed" OOH it was sooo cute! My friends and I were so jealous. I want to make myself one now. I need to find a white vneck :P Or maybe an offwhite one. I have some sort of aversion to wearing white shirts. I don't really know why.

No comments: