Saturday, November 7, 2009

Meeting at Night

The gray sea and the long black land;

And the yellow half-moon large and low;

And the startled little waves that leap

In fiery ringlets from their sleep,

As I gain the cove with pushing prow,

And quench its speed i’ the slushy sand.


Then a mile of warm sea-scented beach;

Three fields to cross till a farm appears;

a tap at the pane, the quick sharp scratch

And blue spurt of a lighted match,

And a voice less loud, through its joys and fears,

Than the two hearts beating each to each!

-Robert Browning 1845



I just wrote about this poem for my English class the other day. I think the imagery is really pretty. I love the ocean, and anything to do with water really.

2 comments:

FASHION CHALET said...

Do you know when h&m is opening? You live in NC too? I never got to see an h&m before.. Miami never had one so I'm excited. But i know what you mean, it's annoying that everybody can get the same stuff. That's why I adore vintage so much ;) = one-of-a-kind finds!


x

FASHION CHALET said...

I don't know if I can wait until Spring haha :)



x