Friday, June 12, 2009

Strawberry Fields


Down the street from where I live, there is a pond. Next to the pond is a forest. There is a path in the forest. If you go down the path, you will find this old farm at the other side. The rumor about the farmer who lives there is that he will shoot any trespassers. When I was younger, my friends and I were going through the field. All of a sudden, we heard a gun shot. We dropped to the ground. Of course we hadn't really believed the rumors until then. After twenty or thirty minutes, we made a run for the woods. I hadn't been back there since then until last week. (Although that was partially because of the super creepy doll that we found by one of the old wrecked trucks in the woods.) This picture is from then. I have pictures of me standing on the old truck, but I'm afraid my shorts might be a little bit too short.


Let me take you down,
'Cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields
Nothing is real
And nothing to get hung about
Strawberry Fields forever

Obviously that's the Beatles, and so was the last one (Sun King). I like the meanings of those songs, but they aren't my favorites as far as the music goes. They're not bad, I just like the more upbeat songs better.

No comments: