Friday, July 30, 2010

Harper's Bazaar






Scans from various months of Harper's Bazaar 1949 by me

I'd like to introduce a little project I'll be sharing every week for a little while... (which I could never come up with a catchy name for). Last year for my history class, I had to do a lot of research in old Harper's Bazaar archives. I've got quite a bit of scans, and they have been very inspirational for me, so I thought I'd share them with you all. In general, I'll be sharing a spread from a specific issue, but to start out I thought I'd just share some miscellaneous shots to give you a taste. I apologize in advance that the quality isn't always great.
It's amazing how relevant magazines from the forties and fifties can still be: animal prints, simple dresses and chic haircuts, matching skirt and jacket combos (which looks a lot like one I snagged thrifting last week), and lovely lips and full skirts that are similar to the ones being seen all over the fall runway. I can't believe they only cost sixty cents!

No comments: