Saturday, October 16, 2010

State Fair









Cat skirt made by me, Nollie v-neck, HUE knee high socks, Forever 21 coat, Kimchi Blue lace up boots
I'm in the mood for tons of photos, including some silly ones, representing tons of fun at the fair yesterday. This is what I wore, and I'm almost certain that I was the only person wearing a skirt there! I was perfectly comfortable on all the rides though. And I realized fall really has arrived - it got really cold after around nine or ten o'clock.
It's always so interesting to see all the different people at the fair. Since I'm from the capital city area, even in a southern state, I'm not all that southern. But people who come to the fair will sometimes come from hours and hours away! I'm talking thick accents, tons of camouflage and insane amounts of barbeque. Those are the people who stare at my cat skirt in confusion as we pass each other.
The vertical drop ride is insanely scary, by the way. I was so scared that I couldn't even scream. Going up, I was just fine, but then we sat there for a minute, way up in the air, several stories high. That's when I started to freak out, and then we dropped. Oh man! It was fun though! All the rides are fun. I think the Zipper might have been my favorite.

5 comments:

S + Y said...

Oh it sounds like you had an amazing time! The vertical drop... oh man, memories! I thought I was going to die! And of course there were these cameras that took pictures of my scared to death face... fun times :P

xo
Sands

Unknown said...

This outfit is quite cute...and I LOVE the cat skirt...it would definatly be a conversation starter..but it's soo cute!

Just a little girl. said...

lovely pictures

Catita said...

that is such a cute skirt! and i love the above the knee high socks!
xoxo
CAtita

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Cat lady!